Salt Studios, in conjunction with The College of Sound and Music Production are excited to announce their first series of masterclasses for 2017. The Mixing in the Box with Pro Tools Masterclass will provide you with invaluable training over one full 8 hour day. On the day you will have your own iMac set up with Pro Tools 12, a MIDI keyboard and set of headphones. The following topics will be covered.
- Pro Tools crash course
- Optimising a mix session for fast workflow
- Getting a big, fat, warm drum sound
- Getting smooth, crisp vocals
- EQ and Compression tips for Guitars and Keyboards
- Balancing volume levels in a mix
- Using EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, Gates and Limiters
- Getting the most out of Pro Tools stock plugins
- How to master a track using only pro tools plugins
- A guide to RMS, LUFS and mastering your tracks for online streaming
- Bring your own mix and have it critiqued
- Hacks for creating a wider stereo mix
- Tips for clearing up a muddy mix
In addition to all this, you will receive a USB drive with free VST plugins, Pro Tools session templates, drum sample pack and 3 full unmixed sessions in various genres to practice your mixing skills and build a portfolio for getting work in the industry.
Next Event – Sat 13th May 2017
Time – 10am-6pm
Location – Salt Studios – 766a Hawthorn Road, East Brighton – Victoria (trams available from CBD)
Other Details – Lunch provided, parking available near site, Maximum 6 participants.
Cost – $165 Per Person